- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
- Online and Mobile Banking
- About Us
Our bank has an interesting heritage. In 1833, the Bank of Newbury was incorporated to serve the communities of Wells River and the surrounding villages. It was a state bank until 1867, when it adopted a national charter, and became the National Bank of Newbury. The bank focused on checking accounts and commercial loans. In 1892, the directors saw an opportunity to expand their services to savings accounts and residential mortgages, and joined with community members to charter the Wells River Savings Bank. For our customers and communities, the two banks were known as the “Wells River Bank” or the “Good Neighbor Bank” In 1981, reacting to changes within the banking industry, the two banks merged under the management of the savings bank.
In 1988, we opened our first branch office, in Bradford. We continued south, with a new office in Fairlee in 1999, Newbury in 2006, and East Thetford in 2008. We are proud of our mutual bank heritage. We are owned by our depositors, so our profits stay here to help build our communities. Our mission remains consistent with the vision of our founders in 1833 and 1892, to make our communities better places to live, work, and raise families. We will build a strong capital foundation to:
- Help our customers achieve economic success and financial security.
- Create a place where our employees can learn, grow and be fulfilled in their work.